Hamsters are a favorite among kids and adults. Their cute little faces, hairy coats, and playful character are usually the reason why they are one of the most popular pets. But before getting a hamster, I have here some helpful tips in choosing the perfect hamster for you.
2. Choose a young hamster. Hamsters don’t live that long, so it is better to choose a young one so that you can spend more time with it. Also, young hamsters are easier to tame than the older ones.
3. Choose the most active hamster. Now, that you know what breed you want, make sure that you choose the most active hamster. Hamsters are nocturnal, so to choose a hamster, wake them up. The most playful and the most curious hamster is most likely the most active and healthiest among them.
4. Know the gender. It is important to know the gender of the hamster you are getting. If you are planning to get two dwarf hamsters and is planning to breed them, make sure that you have a male and a female.
5. Check the eyes. The eyes are a good indicator of their overall health. Choose a hamster that has clear eyes, widely opened and are free of any discharge.
6. Check the coat. The coat of a healthy hamster is smooth and free of any breaks.
7. Check the bottom. Make sure that the hamster has dry bottom. Wet bottom means the hamster has diarrhea and is unhealthy.
For suggestions or comments, please don’t hesitate to leave a message below.
You have read this article hamster / hamsters / pet / pets / Picking the Perfect Hamster with the title Picking the Perfect Hamster. You can bookmark this page URL http://kncatchat.blogspot.com/2012/04/picking-perfect-hamster.html. Thanks!