Though not exactly as accurate as “saving himself” is readily understood and interpreted, a Basset Hound from South Heindley, West Yorkshire, UK, managed to spare himself from a horrible death last month.
George, the 2 year old Basset Hound, accidentally knocked over the phone of his master Steve Brown, and in an expected doggy manner, had managed to get himself tangled and wound by the phone’s cord.
The situation went from bad to worse when the cord wound tighter around his neck, which was about the time George managed to dial 999 (which is the 911 equivalent in the UK). George, while choking, managed to do this.
The operator who picked up the call heard heavy breathing sounds at the other end of the line, thereby deployed an alert order to proper authorities to investigate and see what was going on. With the help of neighbor Paul Walker, authorities and Walker managed to get inside the house, and seeing George’s plight, did what anyone would do when faced with such a scene.
Lydia Brown, daughter of Steve Brown, George’s owner, was amazed at how George managed to “save himself”, since the pooch had always appeared as dopey to her.
George’s brush with death reminds pet owners of keeping households as pet-safe as they possibly can be. Far be it for masters to serve their pets, maintaining a safe home environment remains to be every responsible pet owner’s responsibility.
Though it has to be said that something like dogs getting themselves tangled and wound by phone cords can be filed as accidents, opting for the best off safety measures remain to be important for pet owners and pets.
Training your pet to dial 911 is one way of ensuring home safety, but it’s not really all that required.
You have read this article dog saves his life / dogs / dogs dial 999 / pets with the title Dog Saves Himself from nearly choking to death. You can bookmark this page URL http://kncatchat.blogspot.com/2012/04/dog-saves-himself-from-nearly-choking.html. Thanks!